Tuesday, January 17, 2012

don't bother me, i'm pinning!

Pinterest is to me like cyclingnews is to my husband... when work is slow, I pin, when nothing is on TV, I pin, every time I open my computer... I pin! As I type this, my husband is on cyclingnews.com and I am switching back and forth between this post and pinterest... ha! 

I created some amazing painted mugs I found on pinterest, originally pinned from here

I went to Michaels and bought some Pebeo Porcelaine 150 outliner in black. I used some coffee mugs I already had at home that were plane white and kind of boring. 

My white mugs and Pebeo Porcelaine outliner with a stencil I attempted to make.


I thought it might be easier to make a stencil out of some card stock I had, but it turned out to be easier to just free hand it and accept the beautiful imperfections.


After letting the paint dry for 24 hours and a 30-45 minute bake in the oven at 350 F, my mugs were done! I used two different patterns to spice it up a bit, and I have two more mugs to paint still! (warning: the paint should not be used on surfaces that you will eat food off of or drink out of, only paint the outside).


Next up: my adventures in photography class! I am taking a class at pictureline, a local camera store that offers classes to people like me who can't figure out these fancy cameras. Hopefully ill learn how to better use my Nikon and post some better photos in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment