Friday, March 16, 2012

spinach pancakes

i have been searching the internet, trying to find the perfect spinach pancake recipe to try. i decided to be money smart and use ingredients i already had in my pantry. 

my inspiration came from spabettie originally, which i found on pinterest. i then came up with a recipe of my own to fit my taste.

keally's spinach pancakes

ingredients:
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup flour {flour of your choice}
2 eggs {or egg substitute}
2 T chilled water
1 tsp peanut butter
dash of salt

blend spinach, water and eggs until smooth. add remaining ingredients and mix again until blended together. mixture will seem thin, but it is just fine. i let mine sit about 5 minutes while my non-stick pan heated up. cook like regular pancakes, they only need about a minute on each side.

healthy spinach pancake sandwich

i made a sandwich for dinner using my spinach pancakes. they turn out a bit denser than regular fluffy pancakes, but are great for a savory treat. i added my favorite ingredients to create the perfect sandwich; tomato, cheese and avocado-absolutely delicious


have a happy st. patty's day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment